News of the Moment
- • Jonathan Wilson records strings for Marcell Detroit's "All is Forgiven" - The TogaMan himself, Jonathan Wilson, through a strange series of events, ended up recording GuitarViol strings parts on the new Marcell Detroit song "All is Forgiven"-- click here to check the music video out.
- • Interview with Ramin Djawadi - Ramin Djawadi, who played his Nouveau Spartan GuitarViol on the Clash of the Titans soundtrack, was interviewed by ASCAP about it and discusses using a TogaMan - read the interview
- • GuitarViol used on Clash of the Titans soundtrack - Grammy and Emmy-nominated composer Ramin Djawadi used a TogaMan Nouveau Spartan Electrocoustic GuitarViol (identical to the one in this video) on the Clash of the Titans soundtrack - more information
- • GuitarViol used for main theme of The Day The Earth Stood Still - "Jonathan will be pleased to know that the main theme for 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' was conceived on the guitarviol and a loop station. It is a prominent character in the central theme of the film." - Tyler Bates The Day The Earth Stood Still hits theaters nationwide on December 12th.
- • A note from Nathan Barr, True Blood Composer - We just recently received this note from Nathan Barr, TV/Film Composer, Guitarist, Cellist:
Just had to write you a quick note to say again how much I love the guitarviol! It's so easy to play, the sounds I can create with minimal fuss are incredibly beautiful and haunting. I am currently working on episode 8 of True Blood and can tell you emphatically that it is one of the major components in the score and if you check out the show you will hear it often. Show premieres on Sunday September 7th at 9pm and the buzz is incredible - don't know if you have been seeing all the advertising around town, but hope you can check it out!
- • GuitarViol used on IronMan soundtrack - Loga Ramin Torkian performed some GuitarViol tracks for the soundtrack to the summer blockbuster IronMan--check out the track named "Mark I" on the Amazon sound samples.
- • ZZ Top collaborator using Guitarviol extensively for HBO series - Nathan Barr is using his Cana Deluxe extensively for an HBO series called "True Blood". One of his collaborators is ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons.
- • Napoleon Dynamite composer uses Guitarviol in new TV series - Just spoke with John Swihardt (new owner of the "Rustic Redwood" seen in the gallery). He has been really loving it and has been using it for a TV series called "Fear Itself". (John is known for his work in "Napolean Dynamite") Swweeet! John's first encounter with a TogaMan GuitarViol was when he was visiting his friend Tyler Bates (300) and "had to have one". I'll be performing a MIDI mod to it in a few days.