In the Press
- • Jonathan's album "GuitarViol" makes "Editor's March Faves" Check out the TogaMan's recent album getting a shoutout on Page 28 of the March 2013 Guitar Player Magazine! Click here to check out the online version, then buy the album on Amazon.
- • Jonathan's album "GuitarViol" reviewed in Guitar Muse The TogaMan's new album gets reviewed on Guitar-Muse.com: click here to read
- • Guitar Muse: 10 Questions with Jonathan Wilson of Togaman Guitars - Togaman interviewed by Guitar Muse about bowed guitar history, his instruments, and being a guitar builder - click here to read the interview
- • South Kent School: The Hillside - Summer 2010 issue - Togaman featured in "Alumnus Profile" of South Kent School's bi-annual magazine The Hillside--South Kent is a boarding prep school Jonathan attended as a kid - click here to read the issue online
- • Vintage Guitar Magazine - May 2010 issue (John Lennon on the cover) - Togaman featured in "Builder Profile" - click here for issue's table of contents - scan of article
- • Tyler Bates in Electronic Musician - Watchmen composer Tyler Bates scores at home (cover pictured at right), article in the April issue of Electronic Musician - click here to read the article
- • Premier Guitar Magazine - Premier Collector #10: One of Everything (interview with Kevin Kiner, composer for CSI: Miami and Star Wars: Clone Wars TV shows - click here to read it
- • Shawn Clement Mix Magazine Interview - Shawn Clement gets interviewed for a Q&A by Mix magazine, having just got the gig to score "Quantum Quest" at Skywalker Ranch. He is pictured proudly holding his Cana Deluxe GuitarViol - click here to read the article.
- • Tyler Bates KCRW Radio Interview - Tyler Bates, composer for Watchmen and 300, participated in a unique radio interview on KCRW during which he improvised live on his Cana electric TogaMan GuitarViol--with awesome results! Click here or on the banner below to check out the video of this one-of-a-kind improv session:
- • Premier Guitar Magazine - "Review: TogaMan GuitarViol" by Steve Ouimette - click here or on the banner below to read it:
- • The Fretboard journal, issue #10 - Check out page 112. (not online though--hard copy only) The may have them in Borders and Guitar Center in about a week or two...
- • EQ Magazine, April 2007 issue - "What's That Thing?" - click here to read
- • Electronic Musician, December 2005 issue - "Across the Centuries" - click here to read
- • Guitar Player, October 2005 issue - "Exotica - TogaMan GuitarViol" by Barry Cleveland - click here to read
- • New Toys by Barry Rudolph - "TogaMan GuitarViol by Jonathan Wilson Designs" by Barry Rudolph - cick here to read
- • Cued-Up with Tony Pretzello - Season 3 - "The TogaMan GuitarViol" - click here to check it out
- • Press Release: 2005 Winter NAMM Show - "Guitars get Bowed"
@ 2005 Winter NAMM Booth # 1071 (Hall E)For those attending the Winter NAMM (January 20-23 2005) trade show, there will be yet one more exciting exhibit to visit in hall E. (Especially if you are a guitar player). The TogaMan GuitarViol (US Patent # 7,230,174) by Jonathan Wilson Designs (NAMM booth 1071) is a bow-played guitar; a bowed string crossover instrument for guitarists. It is (quite literally) a viola-guitar hybrid with six strings, 24 frets, and tuned in standard guitar tuning EADGBE (or any desired alternate tuning). Moreover, it is played in the same playing position familiar to guitar players. The body has a distinctive ergonomic balance curve for playing in the sitting position and is well balanced strap-locks for the standing position. It features a proprietary BOWD HORIZON bowed string bridge/pickup system with longitudinally adjustable saddles (for intonation) and pickups that are optimized for planar bowed string motion. Other TogaMan GuitarViol features include EMG electronics, Sperzel tuners,Earvana CTS compensated nut and optional Graphtech Hexpander MIDI upgrade.
Mexico's progressive rock-fusion guitar hero Julio Revueltas (known for his bowed guitar exploits on his most recent [Opcion Sonica] release "El Alma") will be on hand at the booth to demonstrate the TogaMan GuitarViols. Other artists who currently play the TogaMan GuitarViol are Loga Ramin Torkian (Axiom of Choice - Narada/World), Heitor Pereria (former Simply Red guitarist / film composer/session player associated with Hanz Zimmer). Another well known rock guitar superstar (a secret at this time) is also pursuing the TogaMan GuitarViol and may very well pass by the booth unannounced.
For more information contact Jonathan Wilson (818) 268-5602 or www.bowedguitar.com
Jonathan Wilson Designs NAMM booth #1071 Hall E